Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psykotikYvette and Foundling: Autoselection?
Hi,

I'm about playing your fantastic mods, thank you for your hard work and sharing it!

I'm using Project infinity to install (and reinstall...) many mods until I find a way to play the mega-mega mod I want to.

However, I noticed that Yvette and Foundling mods ask questions (don't remember exactly which), which impeeds to process through an automatic install.

Would it be possible to move those questions to extra modules, so the install can be automatically processed?

Thanks!
I'm not planning that right now. Maybe at some point, but they are there for a reason. They would need to be turned into forced components and I would need to rearrange stuff in the readme and test it (on both BG2 and BG2EE, these mods are for different game versions) and I am already overwhelmed by a number of things right now.
(04-28-2023, 02:39 PM)Lava Wrote: I'm not planning that right now. Maybe at some point, but they are there for a reason. They would need to be turned into forced components and I would need to rearrange stuff in the readme and test it (on both BG2 and BG2EE, these mods are for different game versions) and I am already overwhelmed by a number of things right now.

No problem. Thanks again for sharing your work!
(04-28-2023, 01:08 PM)psykotik Wrote: Hi,

I'm about playing your fantastic mods, thank you for your hard work and sharing it!

I'm using Project infinity to install (and reinstall...) many mods until I find a way to play the mega-mega mod I want to.

However, I noticed that Yvette and Foundling mods ask questions (don't remember exactly which), which impeeds to process through an automatic install.

Would it be possible to move those questions to extra modules, so the install can be automatically processed?

Thanks!

For the records, I found a way to automatize the process in bash by using expect:

Code:
expect <<EOD
spawn weidu "yvette/setup-yvette.tp2" --language 0 --force-install-list 0 --log "setup-yvette.debug"
expect "Choose 1 or 2 and confirm by \"enter\"" {
send -- "1\r"
exp_continue
}
EOD
Perhaps it's ok if the code remains here, as for now, I am not planning any updates for that. Can't say when there will be some update for those and what they will actually include.

Perhaps it's worth saying, that the code provided above will choose the form of text for you if I understand the code correctly, and so it will install "original dialogues", which are with action text. Choosing "2" would install dialogues with less action text/descriptions.