Weasel Mods
Hephernaan BG2 - basic information - Printable Version

+- Weasel Mods (https://www.weaselmods.net)
+-- Forum: Released Baldur's Gate and Multiplatform Mods (https://www.weaselmods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Hephernaan BG2 (https://www.weaselmods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Hephernaan BG2 - basic information (/showthread.php?tid=43)

Hephernaan BG2 - basic information - Lava - 06-16-2019

Hephernaan for BG2EE is now here, available.

Baldur's Gate series still miss some evil characters. With BG2EE we were given Hexxat and Dorn, but... then SoD introduced some new characters many of us miss. As some may have noticed, I have a weak spot for less popular NPCs. I made Quayle BG2 mod. Not long ago I released Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul. I like those characters that could use some more spotlight. That is why I've decided to bring back Hephernaan - Belhifet's right hand and the one that was whispering to Caelar Argent's ear.

Hephernaan BG2EE includes:
  • Hephernaan as a joinable NPC for both SoA and ToB portion of the game
  • An ability to turn into his natural form... for a price, because who would speak fondly about someone working with a devil?
  • Two small areas that are tied to Hephernaan and his quest
  • A chance to meet his new master and trade with him... not the usual way, though, because devils always were interested in something else than gold
  • Reactions from other NPC, as many of them won't accept working with someone like Belhifet's former servant

The beginning of the mod will also introduce a story about how he managed to escape his final death in Avernus.
The mod does not include a romance - I do not consider Hephernaan someone who would be interested in a relationship like that.

I would also like to tag Raduziel here, as he is a great help with some items and spells I designed to be included in this mod. Thanks!

DOWNLOAD LINK

RE: Hephernaan BG2 - basic information - Gwendolyne - 01-25-2020

Hello Lava,

Only a few words to test your forum: don't forget next IA release will install Hephernaan animations and soundsets files for both classic and EE games! Wink

RE: Hephernaan BG2 - basic information - zielonyx - 12-11-2022

Hello.

Could you shed some light about this guy for me? I've never played SoD (I'm not so found of that dlc to say the least).

So is he a fighter or some unique class? What weapons can he use? And where's he located after installation.

Thankseee Otter

RE: Hephernaan BG2 - basic information - Lava - 12-11-2022

No, he is a caster and if you never played SoD and you dislike it (apparently even without playing the DLC), it doesn't make sense for you to play this mod. He is one SoD's major characters, he will refer SoD events, Caelar, the Crusade, the main boss etc.

RE: Hephernaan BG2 - basic information - zielonyx - 12-11-2022

(12-11-2022, 08:57 AM)Lava Wrote: No, he is a caster and if you never played SoD and you dislike it (apparently even without playing the DLC), it doesn't make sense for you to play this mod. He is one SoD's major characters, he will refer SoD events, Caelar, the Crusade, the main boss etc.

I actually briefly tried SoD but never went too far in game (so i guess i actually played it then heh Big Grin) I'm just put away of the whole idea, its a filler and money grab for me. And ridiculous amount of experience for the start in BG2.  Game breaking thing that shouldn't exist. Beamdog aren't good writers imo. Thanks for clarifying the Hephernaan guy for me.

RE: Hephernaan BG2 - basic information - Lava - 12-11-2022

Luckily, I disagree with you and I am quite happy SoD is there + without it, many of the new actions and triggers, and opcodes would probably never got created/added thus fewer possibilities would be there, for modders.

There are other mods you should try, then, Hephernaan doesn't sound like a mod you would enjoy. I am quite glad I wrote it, even if it's not my best mod. It definitely deserves an update that is being worked on.

Best wishes from the Siege of Dragonspear beta tester, who had quite some fun during his work.