Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kilverStarting the romance
Hello! Sorry if this is wrong place to post. I installed this mod yesterday (kept restrictions) and started playing. My charname is eligible for romance (female elf, charisma 18). And I think it works because I had few talks, like talk in Adventurer Mart, in Temple of Helm and after Gaelan Bales' offer. But nothing, well, "romantic". I tried to find the list of LTs but either I am stupid or you haven't posted it anywhere (I checked threads in g3, here, beamdog forum, spellhold studios and readme of course). Now i dont know if something is wrong (like maybe one of my mods interferes with it) or something. Anomen keeps hitting on my charname and Yoshimo says nothing about it too.

My other mods are: Ascension, Banterpack, BG2fixpack, Tweaks Anthology, IEP banters (and all friendship mods except Yoshimo), Level1NPCs, Sarevok Romance, Skip Chateau Irenicus and crossmod banter pack. And as for romance stuff from tweaks anthology I installed options: accelerate romances, remove racial requirements, allowe multiple romances, nothing kills romances and start romances for new games in ToB. Could you maybe post list of LTs and what triggers them? Like you know, resting in an inn, being outdoors etc.
Hey, I moved the post to a separate thread Smile

If you installed the classic requirements components, then these are as follow:
Quote:    OR(5)
     Race(Player1,ELF)
     Race(Player1,HUMAN)
     Race(Player1,HALF_ELF)
     Race(Player1,TIEFLING)
     Race(Player1,HALFLING)
  Gender(Player1,FEMALE)
  CheckStatGT(Player1,12,CHR)

The actual romance starts after the 3 friendship talks from the original game, thus the original global "BYoshimo5","LOCALS" should be more than 0. (The requirement: GlobalGT("BYoshimo5","LOCALS",0)) - you may use, for example, EE Keeper to check what's the value.

If you match the romance requirements and this local variable is set to 1+, the script should set this variables and a timer:

Quote:SetGlobal("YoshimoRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("YoshimoRomanceTalk","GLOBAL",1)
RealSetGlobalTimer("YoshimoRomanceTimer","GLOBAL",1800)

So what you can do is:
-check you "BYoshimo5","LOCALS" and see what's it's value
-see the value of "YoshimoRomanceActive","GLOBAL" (it should be 0 if the original friendship talk still did not fire or 1 if it did)
-check "YoshimoRomanceTalk","GLOBAL" and what is that variable's value

Perhaps we'll see what's going on.

As for what triggers love talks - it's time. It's mostly that condition.

BTW,  I don't thin "allow multiple romances, nothing kills romances and start romances for new games in ToB" is going to work with mod NPCs.
In EEKeeper Local Variables I have: 
BYOSHIMO8 1 
BYOSHIMO6 1 
BYOSHIMO3 1
and nothing else (well there are other things but not any more BYOSHIMOs).
Quote:BTW,  I don't thin "allow multiple romances, nothing kills romances and start romances for new games in ToB" is going to work with mod NPCs.
You mean mod NPCs will kill original games romance? Or that NPC mod romances can still be killed? Or both Big Grin
BYOSHIMO3 1 means you had a talk that starts with words:
"Tell me, how did you get into adventuring? It is a dangerous business, as you well know. Any one of us could die without even a moment's notice."

But that's just 1 of 3 Yoshimo's original talks with PC. 2nd starts with:
"Tell me, where did you spend your childhood?"

And the 3rd starts with:
"I have pondered what you have said about Bhaal. Could it not be that Bhaal intended to be reborn through his children?"

After the 3rd of these talks, the romance should begin. How long have you been playing? I always found it intriguing what triggers the original 3 ones, but I'm not sure I ever found an answer to that. I think it may be like with other banters that just happen "every now and then".

(03-11-2022, 01:15 PM)kilver Wrote: You mean mod NPCs will kill original games romance? Or that NPC mod romances can still be killed? Or both Big Grin
Depends on the mod. I think Yoshimo may kill Anomen, Rasaad and Dorn romances and they can also kill romance with Yoshimo.
Ingame day 5, 12 o'clock. In real life I dont know, few hours tops. Now I am worried I will get Anomen commited before Yoshimo romance will even start. Does he have romance conflict (jelaous talks for example) only with Anomen, or Dorn and Rasaad too?
There are conflicts, but perhaps just... give Anomen a hint that you're not interested? Because yes, if your romance with Anomen hit state 2 before you have at least few talks with Yoshimo, then yes, Yoshimo may decide you're already involved with someone else.

I'm kinda surprised that you got already so many talks with Anomen in like 5 days... but I just noticed you installed a romance accelerator, so... that might have been a bad idea.
So the progression, AFAICT, is this:

1. When Yoshimo joins, he sets a five-day timer: YoshimoTalksPC
  2. When that timer expires, his script prompts a banter. From the script block it's supposed to be the BYoshimo3 one that starts with "Tell me, how did you get into adventuring?"
  3. The variables PCYosh and BYoshimo3 are set to 1 after that talk.
  4. BYoshimo4 ("Tell me, where did you spend your childhood?") is the next banter in the sequence triggered by Yoshimo's script if PCYosh=1 and if the YoshimoTalksPC2 timer is expired. Unfortunately this timer never gets set, so I don't think this banter can actually fire.
  5. If BYoshimo4 could fire successfully, it would reset the YoshimoTalksPC2 timer to ten days and set BYoshimo4 to 1. If you answer all of Yoshimo's questions it will also set PCYosh to 2. 
  6. Despite BYoshimo4 resetting the YoshimoTalksPC2 timer, it's never used again.
  7. BYoshimo5 ("I have pondered what you have said about Bhaal.") is, AFAICT, a completely random banter and not prompted at all. It does require PCYosh=2 so if you cut Yoshimo's questions short in the previous banter this one will never fire.
Right, so there are a couple of bugs to address in the base game's sequencing:

• BYoshimo3 needs to set the YoshimoTalksPC2 timer at its conclusion so that BYoshimo4 will fire.
  • Yoshimo's script should probably have a trigger, based on PCYosh=2 and an expired YoshimoTalksPC2 timer, to prompt the BYoshimo5 banter.

Both of these should be fixed in the future by BG2 Fixpack/EEs, but a local fix is easy enough in the meantime.

For a workaround for your game in progress: at the console, use

Code:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("YoshimoTalksPC2","GLOBAL",1)

to force the YoshimoTalksPC2 to expire. This should prompt the BYoshimo4 banter. Since BYpshimo5 is random, it's a bit harder to prompt especially since you seem to be on oBG2. You could try to enable the cheatkeys and then try CTRL-I to try and force the banter.
(03-11-2022, 01:49 PM)kilver Wrote: Ingame day 5, 12 o'clock. In real life I dont know, few hours tops. Now I am worried I will get Anomen commited before Yoshimo romance will even start. Does he have romance conflict (jelaous talks for example) only with Anomen, or Dorn and Rasaad too?
Oh, I see I used some accelerators, so before you mess with the variables too much, try resting for a couple of days. They may kick in.
Quote:There are conflicts, but perhaps just... give Anomen a hint that you're not interested? 
I cant because I chose option that nothing kills romance Big Grin I followed CamDawg suggestion and got childhood talk so only one more. I think I just kick Anomen out of party for a time, to be safe.
(03-11-2022, 03:53 PM)kilver Wrote:
Quote:There are conflicts, but perhaps just... give Anomen a hint that you're not interested? 
I cant because I chose option that nothing kills romance Big Grin I followed CamDawg suggestion and got childhood talk so only one more. I think I just kick Anomen out of party for a time, to be safe.
As I wrote just before you posted your message, if you rest a couple of times, the talks should trigger. I added few scripts that accelerate those 3 original talks, I kinda forgot that.

Anyway, I can't be sure if "nothing can break the romances" won't cause you trouble later on. But I suppose you'll need to wait and see.
Yeah, you're propably right. I uninstalled romance related stuff and started new game, and to be safe I will take Anomen after those 3 Yoshimo talks. One more question tho. Does this mod change anything about Forest of Mir in Tob? In unmodded game you get to see Gorion there and Aeries mom/Anomens sister/Khalid/Viconias brother, depends who your charname is romancing.
No, because this mod does not change Yoshimo's SoA fate, but expand it, so everything after Spellhold is treated differently, you will see other scenes that weren't there for other characters and while ToB content isn't huge, it should offer something... that other romances don't.