Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mausBug thread
The dialogue about the leech started during fighting. I suppose this is not intented...

edit: 
Walahnan's dagger creates a visual effect which is permanent. Usually enemies die so it is no problem. But while being charmed he hit Aura who is no shimmering every few seconds...
The leech talk already has that check, so it must be like the talk was first, he was walking toward so you and then you encountered enemies. The script:

Code:
IF
!See([ENEMY])
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
OR(2)
AreaType([FOREST])
AreaType([DUNGEON])
RealGlobalTimerExpired("L#WalahnanFriendTime","GLOBAL")
Global("L#WalahnanFriendshipActive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("L#WalahnanFriendTalk","GLOBAL",10)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("L#WalahnanFriendTalk","GLOBAL",11)
END

As for the dagger: that's gonna be fixed. I'm wondering if ctrl+r is going to remove that effect from Aura. Killing her and then reviging may also help. Not sure if I know any other way. Unless you already loaded the game.

I'm going to change the thread's name to "Bug reports", if you don't mind, as I think it's mostly that for now Smile If you feel like writing a new post, sharing your experience once you're done with the mod, then start a new one Smile

Have fun with Walahnan in the group!
...actually, it's already fixed now.
That might be the scenario. I was talking to people which got hostile and then the dialogue started.
Right Smile So that's how the engine works Smile Nothing much more than I can do.
At least the dagger is now fixed.
Playing BG2EE 2.6.6, I completed De'Arnise Keep but I cannot locate Walahnan v0.92 (he should be on the east side by the large rocks?). The new cave is present, which I liked very much (always like new areas!). The NPC did not spawn.
Hmm, it's weird. He should be there and my friend played with him not so long ago. Are you playing a warrior (or other class that gets the keep) or someone else?
You can try to summon him next to the cave. I thin his .cre was called l#2wh, so it would be C:CreateCreature("l#2wh")
In BGEE, in Nashkel mines, Walahnan says something about Kylee dagger when returning it to him. I don't know if it is the cause, but when finishing talking with Kylee, his dagger was in Walahnan's inventory instead of being removed from the party's inventory.
Ah, thanks! Will look into that. I suppose I should have used  I_C_T2 instead of I_C_T. Hope you still got the reward.
(01-04-2023, 11:18 AM)Lava Wrote: Ah, thanks! Will look into that. I suppose I should have used  I_C_T2 instead of I_C_T. Hope you still got the reward.
Yes and journal updated normally.

It just reminded me of a now fixed similar bug with Kale and Marianne in Beregost, with the letter still in my inventory too.
I really like grease from the little snail, but I have the "show spells area of effect" option enabled by editing baldur.lua, but it doesn't work for this one specifically.
Furthermore, sometimes after casting the spell, nothing happens, while the day use is depleted.
By the way, the he snail saved the day against the amazon ambush (with SCS they attacked during a random encounter), met at the worst of time : Branewen was dead, my paladin and Jaheira seriously wounded... The grease was perfect against them !

About Foca's Flora acceleration (great concept, with friendly and offensive uses), I used it numerous times, but never saw the entangle effect. I didn't saw either the saving throw against it in the log.

Bear in mind that I also have Spells Revisions installed so maybe it could affect theses spells.
Quote:show spells area of effect
Perhaps it won't work if it's not a direct spell? I mean: using the snail's usade uses effect "Cast spell on target" or "Cast spell on area" and then that picks up the original wizard spell. Perhaps "show spells' area of effect" doesn't work if there is this mediating effect? Smile

Quote:never saw the entangle effect
I worked on that one with Aion Z few years ago, BUT I think it all depends on the target. If you cast it on a friendly target, you get the good effect, if you cast it on someone with red circle, then it will change into entanglement.

As for showing the area of effects, I won't be changing it, because it would require rebuilding the spell rather than using the existing spell, so that is an incompatibility you're going to need to live with Rolleyes As for the flora acceleration -- it will require some testing and if it's a bug - it will be fixed at some point Smile

Cheers!
(01-07-2023, 08:49 AM)Lava Wrote:
Quote:show spells area of effect
Perhaps it won't work if it's not a direct spell? I mean: using the snail's usade uses effect "Cast spell on target" or "Cast spell on area" and then that picks up the original wizard spell. Perhaps "show spells' area of effect" doesn't work if there is this mediating effect? Smile

Quote:never saw the entangle effect
I worked on that one with Aion Z few years ago, BUT I think it all depends on the target. If you cast it on a friendly target, you get the good effect, if you cast it on someone with red circle, then it will change into entanglement.

As for showing the area of effects, I won't be changing it, because it would require rebuilding the spell rather than using the existing spell, so that is an incompatibility you're going to need to live with Rolleyes As for the flora acceleration -- it will require some testing and if it's a bug - it will be fixed at some point Smile

Cheers!
Yes it probably the reason. But sometimes the grease doesn't fire, it's weird.
As for Flora accelaration, when used on a friendly target, I indeed receive some goodberries. On a foe, he takes crushing damages, but no entangle effect.

Still, it's not a big deal, and Walahnan again saved all the party when Kivan alerted all the bandits camp. Without Walahnan's webs and his wand of fireball it would have been the end.