Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VenBug reports
The small quest "The girl that wants to climb" stays in the journal, even after she got healed- see entry:
From EE-Keeper:
"Day 20, Hour 6 (21 Mirtul, 1281)
A Girl That Wants to Climb
I met a girl that was attacked by an unusual viper. Its venom paralyzed her. I found a way to remove the paralysis and the girl could play again and climb the Great Oak again. Perhaps she'll become a hero once she's old enough. (StrRef: 50402)"
Is this a minor issue or is there more to this quest?
A bug, from what I remember. If you got a little something from her guardian, then it's finished. BTW, you may want to visit Weenog while having that snack with you.
Thx, I gave Weenog something "tasty"
Oh, such nice of you! Smile
Me again Smile I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. There is a note marker on the map that says "to the Great Oak". I've never seen it before, so I thought it must be part of this mod. However I can't find any way to get to the marked position, and when I explore the area with the curser I can't find anything.
The marker is there only to note a "heart" of Kuldahar, there is no entrance into the oak. A bit like "Merchant's Square" in Bridge District that's not exactly a place you enter, but a place that just is there or a "Tunnel out of Promenade" at the Waukeen's Promenade that is just a part of the infrastructure. I considered the oak important enough to be marked as a landmark.
Hi!

First of all, thanks for the mods. I am trying and enjoying many of them: All your quest mods (really liked the Skineater) and a few companions (Hommet, Oak-Maw and Urchin, which I am really liking, being a huge fan of PsT).

I have a few possible minor bugs to report and a bigger issue, plus a few spoilerish questions to quench my curiosity.

Minor bugs/inconsistencies:

The Rediscovery of Kuldahar:

1) As already mentioned, Param the squirrel stays in your inventory after the quest ends.
2) Same is true for the
body of the poor cousin of the guy outside the cave. He thanks you for bringing back the body and then left it to me
3) The Scout of the Chimaera quest told me to meet him in his cave, but remain outside, just left of Gerth's shop. I have an hunch it could be an issue related to Tweak Anthology's "NPCs Cannot Pass Doors" component, but not sure. Anyway it's VEEERY minor and extremely low priority, cause the quest works flawlessly.

The Skineater:

1) Just an inconsistency, but if you choose a certain "good" path the head of the Skineater remain in your inventory and could not be sold. Maybe a certain someone who buy every sort of useless things could be interested and relieve you of the trophy? Big Grin

Tale of Our Lady Dreamless:

1) If you talk to the Lady after finishing the quest, she reply again as you are still searching for a way to purify the water.

Hommet:

1) If you kick him out of the party, he will not talk to you again. Is it intended?

Now a serious issue for me:

Reinstalling a mod that was lower in the mod order messed my savegames. I was an idiot and made a full backup of the gamefolder but forgot the saves.

Now all the new locations of your mods on the worldmap are missing and I could travel there only via console commands.
Is there anything I could do to manually correct the issue?
If I load an older save (let's say as soon as I arrive in Kuldahar) the unlock of new areas works normally, for example talking with the writer correctly start the "location added to your worldmap" thing and I could go to the BB Inn. It happened to me before, but I was at the beginning so I just uninstalled, reinstalled and started a fresh game, now I am on chapter 5 and I'll gladly avoid that...

EDIT: I already found a workaround, just didn't notice it: AFTER I travel to the mod areas via console commands, they STAY in the world map again. Big Grin

And now just a spoilerish question:

I found the odd entity in the pot and now I have a strange talking flail. Is there more about it? Will it change? Will it have some sort of quest? I read that there are a few different versions of the item and would mind some advices/hints/spoilers on how to experience them

Thanks again for the awesome mods, they're a really nice addition to the game, probably in the future I'll start a new game and try more of your companions and item mods!
Hi!

Thanks for the reports, I know about some of these things, will probably fix them at some point, but luckily, nothing is game-breaking and as I am working on some other things now, that may wait for a moment. But I guess I'll get to them at some point Smile

As for this thing:
Quote:Now a serious issue for me:

Reinstalling a mod that was lower in the mod order messed my savegames. I was an idiot and made a full backup of the gamefolder but forgot the saves.

Now all the new locations of your mods on the worldmap are missing and I could travel there only via console commands.
Is there anything I could do to manually correct the issue?
If I load an older save (let's say as soon as I arrive in Kuldahar) the unlock of new areas works normally, for example talking with the writer correctly start the "location added to your worldmap" thing and I could go to the BB Inn. It happened to me before, but I was at the beginning so I just uninstalled, reinstalled and started a fresh game, now I am on chapter 5 and I'll gladly avoid that...

this is an engine limitation and is caused by what is stored in save game and what's not and how such things are handled by the game itself. That's why it is HIGHLY advised to never reinstall mods like these during the actual game Smile

As for your question: I think there is a gem that may improve the weapon further. You could also "destroy" the item and the "reforge it", but I can barely remember the steps, hah! So that may need some rediscovery of itself Tongue

Glad you're having fun Smile
I'm not sure if this is a result of installing your Kuldahar mod (which is utterly great Big Grin) but it seems like it is. During Chapter one, all the new quests appear in my journal. Once I get to chapter two, I can't open Chapter One in the journal. Finished quests are added to the journal and still accessable, but to look at ChapterOnje undone quests I have to load a previous game. I'm using the 4.2 version of Kuldahar. Mygame install is the Good Old Games offline baclup version 2.6.6.0 - I've used this with no problems with your mods before.
(03-21-2022, 08:12 PM)Lava Wrote: As for your question: I think there is a gem that may improve the weapon further. You could also "destroy" the item and the "reforge it", but I can barely remember the steps, hah! So that may need some rediscovery of itself Tongue

Glad you're having fun Smile

Rediscovered the rediscovery!  Big Grin

But I think discovered some bugs with the items too Sad 

All three versions of the weapon (L#KUPOT3.itm, L#KUPOT4.itm, L#KUPOT5.itm) seem to have messed up stats, they're 0d6+0 flails with the various on hit effects... not completely sure of what was your idea for the weapon, I see there is a 100% proc for magical damage not reported in description, maybe you had something in mind. Sorry, first time I mess with Nearinfinity (btw it seems a great tool!)
Nope, it's actually fine:
Quote:THAC0: +3
Damage: 1d6+4 (magic)
Speed Factor: 6

The "0" is there to block the usual blunt damage and magic damage is dealt as a 100% on-hit effect Smile This weapon is a different kind of deal and does not deal physical damage.
Okey, so it's mostly an UI limitation the fact it shows as  a 7-7 damage on my char, basically 0 + his 7 STR bonus damage, but in reality not doing any physical damage prevents it for using STR and Proficiencis bonus on damage and it's (for "base" version) a 5-10 magic damage + 2% chance of 2 cold (OR fire OR acid OR electricity) damage, plus the various good/bad effects on target.

I suppose not so powerful as I firstly thought, at least not on my Wizard Slayer or on my Paladin and the 13 CHA requirement make it not so easily usable (it could have been nice on Oak-Maw). Well, the poor Halahnavoral will be sold...

Thanks for the clarification!
It's a strange weapon, yes, but I may think about rebalancing it at some point Smile Not the priority for me now, but indeed, I know it prevents some bonuses from being applied.
Cheers!
I just helped the guy in Kuldahar find his missing cousin. Now in the Journal, there are open quests in Chapters One and Five instead of a done quest. (But now the Chapter One entry has no text, just the title.)
Weird... will take a look at this once I'm updating the mod! Thanks!