Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James MAlabaster Sands query
Hello Lava, thanks again for another great mod that fits perfectly with the original BG areas! I've completed two quests only so far and really like the Hare's Foot (perfect for Jan) and the Opossum Blossom (good for Jaheira early game)!

This might be by design but I can't open two containers. They highlight blue when pressing tab, but I can't open them: at 2030, 830 - between the barrel and wall, near the tent; and at 1205, 1415 in the sand next to the water.

Does this mod change Glaicus in De'Arnise Keep? I think you added 2 gems in his inventory. Is he still charm-able, i.e. can you still "save" him rather than being forced to fight to the death? I couldn't charm him but that could be because he simply saves vs spell every time I tried. At any rate, I got a full plate armor out of it!

I'm playing on BG2 original because the graphics are better! Sharper, less dark, and no fine lines that you can see on demons and other larger creatures in BG2EE. And I can play with my favourite mods: BG2 Improved GUI, Aurora's Shoes and 1pp. Pathfinding is better, too.

Thanks for the mods! It's incredible to think how much you'd given to the fans!!!
Hi! Alabaster Sands give some existing creatures normal gems that are required for the mod's main quest: helping the artist from the Sands. Otherwise, getting all gems would be super hard and on the original game, even impossible, because some of the gems were actually even rarer there. Apart from giving those creatures gems, I do not change these creatures/characters in any way.

(10-07-2023, 01:23 PM)James M Wrote: They highlight blue when pressing tab, but I can't open them: at 2030, 830 - between the barrel and wall, near the tent; and at 1205, 1415 in the sand next to the water.

You may browse these in NearInfinity and/or DLTCEP (not sure if that's how you found out about them), but they become available when you actually get quests to find something.

Cheers! Smile