Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LavaWill of the Wisp update
Version v1.6 is up! It includes a kit bug and a journal entry script! Enjoy!
Hi, I really like Will, a nice guy and also a powerful shaman with Spell Revisions and IWD spells froms SCS.

I encountered a bug with it :
In a dialog rest, Will says : "It's time for you to rest, Charname. Shall I keep the fire burning?"
If I choose the answer : "Sure, that would be helpful, thanks.", then I get : "No, not this time." And I can only answer : "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS"

If I chosse the other option all is fine, but it's very rude and seems to close the friendship.
Weird. That dialogue should depend on your opinion if Will should ask spirits about his parents.
If yes, then the variable should be Global("L0AskSpirits","GLOBAL",1)
If no, then the variable should be Global("L0AskSpirits","GLOBAL",2)

Try setting it to 1 or 2. To do so, use C:SetGlobal("L0AskSpirits","GLOBAL",1) or C:SetGlobal("L0AskSpirits","GLOBAL",2)

Cheers!
(03-01-2021, 06:21 PM)Lava Wrote: Weird. That dialogue should depend on your opinion if Will should ask spirits about his parents.
If yes, then the variable should be Global("L0AskSpirits","GLOBAL",1)
If no, then the variable should be Global("L0AskSpirits","GLOBAL",2)

Try setting it to 1 or 2. To do so, use C:SetGlobal("L0AskSpirits","GLOBAL",1) or C:SetGlobal("L0AskSpirits","GLOBAL",2)

Cheers!
Thanks, I just try with the yes (my previous answer) and it worked. :-)

Strangely, I didn't have this variable L0AskSpirits in my game (I checked with EEKeeper). I play in french and a bunch of mods, so I don't know what is the culprit.
I have no idea, too. Let's hope it's some mice magic and that everything else will work properly Smile
Well, I got the shaman stronghold with a nice graphic error. It can be seen here: 

I have no idea how this could happen, because it seems to be mixed and I have never seen this before. So if I should check for some variables, I need advice and guidance Wink
Not sure if that can be fixed and I've never seen such a bug. I just checked it on my game and it works fine.
What you may try to do, if you're not afraid of the possible bug, you may open "willowisp/are" and copy every tis and pvrz file into your override directory. It would be best if you made a backup of the files you are overriding first.
An idea to test: There are two areas with similar names in my game: 

L00000 for this Will-o-Wisp area and L30000 for the area in the Petsy-Mod where you meet Zane. 

For PVRZ-Files the EE is ignoring/omitting the second character in names so these two areas have the same name. And if you check for the size of the L3-area I guess the "bad" area in L0 has the same size as the L3-area. 

Based on the experience of BST (it looked different because both areas had the same size) maybe you try to rename one the areas. Maybe you may ask Acifer (graphics) or Jastey (lead) for more details how they handled the issue. It is not publically discussed as it was discovered during alpha-testing of BST. 

BST-example: 

The BST areas have been BG0114 and BS0114. The BS-area has been renamed. In this video it looks different because the whole area is overwritten. But I guess this depends on the size of the areas.

Special note for Lava: G3-BST-Workroom; there is the problem discussed and the solution for dynamic pvrz-naming.
Thanks! I made so many mods that it became hard to spot all such incompatibilities. I may simply rename the area in one of the mods... it's probably going to be Petsy.
Thanks!
Hey!

To address the issue mentioned above - it was fixed by renaming the area introduced by Petsy NPC.

I am also happy to announce the mod is now traified - everything thanks to Austin ! If you're interested in preparing a new translation, download v2.0 Smile

Cheers!