Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LavaTangled Oak Isle updates
I'm happy to say that Tangled Oak Isle v0.91 is up! Thanks to Austin the mod now includes a Russian translation, plus it should also be compatible with EET.
Enjoy!
How compatible is Tangled Oak Isle with the EET version of the mod World Map?  There may be incompatibilities.
You'd need to ask Austin as he helped with that. I do not play EET or BGT (when using old games, before EE got published) thus I never really needed Worldmap mod. Remember, though, that there is a certain order needed. As mentioned in Southern Edge:
Quote:Compatibility notes: the mod updates existing mapicons.bam file; if you're using a mod that overrides mapicons.bam instead of patching it, it should be installed before the mod. BP-BGT Worldmap, which is always installed in the end.

So if there are problems, make sure that the order is ok first Smile
v0.92 is available! There was a bug with the main quest not progressing if Cernd wasn't in the group. It should be fine now.
New version is up! And there are many changes!

• fixed L#NIH01.d
  • fixed L#NIFIS.d
  • enhanced L#NIBRI.baf
  • areas corrections
  • description BAMs fpr EE
  • BP-BGT-Worlmap compatibility
  • additional LOAD_TRA for non-EE
  • Chinese translation by Merzbau
  • additional testing
New version is up. It includes better item descriptions by Cahir Smile Grab 1.03 now!
very cool mod! I can say most of your mods are great too !  Big Grin
Thank you, Sarevok Smile That's very nice of you, Child of Bhaal!
Version 2.0 is up! Smile List of changes:
  • Text improvements for all the talks and descriptions
  • Fixed tainted liquid talk
  • Moomik journal entries fix
  • French translation by deratiseur
  • Chinise translation update
  • Russian translation update

Enjoy!
I made a small update which should make the cave script work a bit better. There's also a fix for the small incompatibility with UB (those that use previous version should finish Tangled Oak main quest BEFORE UB's Haer'Dalis quest)
New Version is up! Version 2.20 includes Polish translation by memory , proofread by Roberciiik.
Enjoy!
Hello Smile

I got the lastest version of Tangled Oak Isle on 21st April, but then there was an update of Steam version of BG2EE. Not sure if this may cause the problem, but I have an issue with Polish translation. Although the Journal is fine, the books and item descriptions include many 'special signs' instead of Polish letters. You may see the example on the screenshot (hope it works)

[Image: ksi-ka.png]

I got a short clue from someone from the Baldursawka FB page - that this may relate to the "items" file. Probably this 'items' file with fl#utf8 prefix is missing from the Polish folder. Or something like that   Wink He also asked me to report this, so here I am! In case I am not alone with such issue (I was also told by another user that this sometimes happens and I need to reinstall the mod. But I had already finished the quests (except the Book Club of course!) so I don't want to do that)).

Anyway, I enjoyed the mod a lot! The only "problem" I had was a cave - Mr Dog led me to the caravan and I was looking for the undead guy out there. After 30 minutes of looking around I noticed that there is a cave few meters from there.... It was just hardly visible for me Big Grin
Hey! If your game updated after you installed mod, there is a chance your whole game is gonna get buggy etc, because patches override modded files.
Anyway, it looks like there may be a problem with converting into utf-8 for a Polish language. I may need to take a look at it.

Let me know if you updated the game after installing mods, confirm you have v2.6 and which mod version do you have.

I'm happy to know you're having fun with the mod.

Cheers!
The game is updated with patch 2.6 (on 20/04) and the mods were downloaded and installed one day later, 21/04.

Mod version is 2.20.

Thanks Smile
Elfu - sorry, I may be unable to fix it for your play, as that would require reinstallation of the mod... hope you can live with it for now. But I just prepared v2.21 in which it's fixed. It's already on the server so you could enjoy it properly next time you're giving BG2EE a run! Smile