Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James MBridge's Block - Quiet Woman quest
Hello. Playing v 1.6 in BG2 original, I can't get the mini quest from Theenya the Quiet Woman after speaking to the Summoner and then to her (selecting all the dialog options). I also tried exiting the block into the Bridge, and then re-entering the block at a later time to check up on her, but I didn't get the encounter that I remember from an earlier version a couple of years ago: I remember getting a message that someone was pacing in an eastern room, and then three people gated in to fight. But I can't remember how to get this quest or progress it. Please help!

Unrelated...
Also, I noticed in the main quest that your entire party has to be in the same room (or near the same room) when speaking to Lion or else the quest does not progress! I was at a loss for a while. At first I thought there was a bug, but then decided to bring the party close to Lion rather than leaving them at the south end of the hall.
This was true for the first dialog with Lion (after getting the quest from Yawnhex) and also after getting the cut scene in the dressing room when you have to report what you saw to Lion.
This enabled Jaheira and Keldorn to say their interjections (required for the quest to progress!)

Thanks as always!!
Quote:Hello. Playing v 1.6 in BG2 original, I can't get the mini quest from Theenya the Quiet Woman after speaking to the Summoner and then to her (selecting all the dialog options). I also tried exiting the block into the Bridge, and then re-entering the block at a later time to check up on her, but I didn't get the encounter that I remember from an earlier version a couple of years ago: I remember getting a message that someone was pacing in an eastern room, and then three people gated in to fight. But I can't remember how to get this quest or progress it. Please help!
First, you need to talk to the summoner about her. Then you go to the quiet woman and ask if what he's saying is true.
The encounter you are speaking of should happen 20 days later, if you decide to return to the Block.

(12-02-2023, 08:49 PM)James M Wrote: Unrelated...
Also, I noticed in the main quest that your entire party has to be in the same room (or near the same room) when speaking to Lion or else the quest does not progress! I was at a loss for a while. At first I thought there was a bug, but then decided to bring the party close to Lion rather than leaving them at the south end of the hall.
This was true for the first dialog with Lion (after getting the quest from Yawnhex) and also after getting the cut scene in the dressing room when you have to report what you saw to Lion.
This enabled Jaheira and Keldorn to say their interjections (required for the quest to progress!)
I may add some additional checks, perhaps that would make it work a bit more smoothly, however, I belive it does work better on EE. My mods in general will work better on EE, oBG(2) really works better when it comes to such stuff and new mods.

Cheers
Thanks man! Yes, I played Bridge's Block on EE last year and I didn't notice that issue.