Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1halfelfVersion 2.5 setup file crashes when run
I downloaded the latest version of Tale of Our Lady Dreamless to update my current 2.3 version, and when I try to run the setup file, I crash to the desktop with an exception error. Any ideas?  Sad
I'm not sure I understand.

You have installed v2.3 then mid-game you tried to update the mod by reinstalling it using v2.5? Have you uninstalled v2.3 first? When does it crash? When you try to run Setup-OurLady.exe? I don't know, that would mean your PC has some weird problem with WeiDU itself...? Or does it happen after picking up a language.

Anyway, I really suggest you not to reinstall mods during the run. It can mess up some references / strings.
My apologies... I wasn't very clear. I did have version 2.3 installed. I uninstalled it and was going to install version 2.5. When I try to run the setup for 2.5, it crashes with the error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." My Wiedu.log file remains unchanged. The setup-ourlady.debug file shows:

WeiDU v 24700 Log

E:\BeamDog\Library\00798\Setup-OurLady.exe
version = 24900
Newest WeiDU is version 24900, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
  [setup-ub_iwd.exe] version 24900
  [setup-sword_and_fist.exe] version 24900
  [setup-song_and_silence.exe] version 24900
  [Setup-snowytoes.exe] version 24900
  [setup-Skineater.exe] version 24900
  [Setup-Kuldahar.exe] version 24900
  [setup-iwdfixpack.exe] version 24900
  [setup-InnBB.exe] version 24900
  [Setup-ForgeIt-IWD.exe] version 24900
  [Setup-FindIt-IWD.exe] version 24900
  [setup-divine_remix.exe] version 24900
  [setup-cd_icpp.exe] version 24900
  [setup-cdtweaks.exe] version 24900
  [Setup-BlinkingDead.exe] version 24900
  [Setup-OurLady.exe] version 24700
[setup-ub_iwd.exe] loaded, 1364992 bytes
Copying [setup-ub_iwd.exe] -> [Setup-OurLady.exe]: false

My intention was to start a new run.
I've never seen such bug.
Hmm, try deleting Setup-OurLady.exe, make then copy and paste Setup-BlinkingDead.exe and rename the copy of Setup-BlinkingDead.exe to Setup-OurLady.exe and then run that file. Perhaps the installer is trying to update itself but encounters some problems?