Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NinjaFlibbleHow I liked Khalid
I made an account just to say that I loved how you did Khalid. You integrated Jaheira's quest elements without it feeling like you just pasted Khalid over her and then you gave him his own thing, even if it is relatively small. I also loved that he *isn't* romanceable. It bothers me that Bioware made Jaheira romanceable so soon after losing Khalid.
Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed playing with him!
Cheers!
(09-14-2022, 05:15 AM)Lava Wrote: Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed playing with him!
Cheers!

I did notice he doesn't have an epilogue, though...
He has one, but sometimes I make some stupid mistakes there, heh.
Not sure which one you should get, but I will assume you may have got this one:
After the events of the Bhaalspawn saga, Khalid continued to look for his new purpose. Not as a stray dog, but as a proud Harper. Still, he had to learn to accept everything fate has brought him, but he managed in the end. For a while, he returned to Calimport, visited his beloved militia and told his friends about the Harpers, Gorion, and the difficult battles they won together. He also told them about Jaheira. That story was especially hard to tell, but he did it anyway. Sometime later, he left Calimshan yet again and traveled to Dragonspear Castle, a place where he fought arm-in-arm with his wife for the last time. He thought about staying there, building a house, but he felt the Harpers might still need his support. He couldn't simply retire, and he continued his work. Years later, he met a man, one of the Harpers, who asked for his help. Khalid agreed and left to fight his final battle: one with a powerful death tyrant that would control an evil army of beholder zombies. It was him, Khalid of Calimshan, who killed the death tyrant and... that was the last time he used his sword. He returned to one of the Harper estates, tired, but happy. He never felt like that before. It lasted for days until... he fell asleep with a smile on his face... and never woke up again. He could finally rest.

Once I'm updating this mod, I will take a look at the epilogue bug Smile
(09-14-2022, 12:31 PM)Lava Wrote: He has one, but sometimes I make some stupid mistakes there, heh.
Not sure which one you should get, but I will assume you may have got this one:
After the events of the Bhaalspawn saga, Khalid continued to look for his new purpose. Not as a stray dog, but as a proud Harper. Still, he had to learn to accept everything fate has brought him, but he managed in the end. For a while, he returned to Calimport, visited his beloved militia and told his friends about the Harpers, Gorion, and the difficult battles they won together. He also told them about Jaheira. That story was especially hard to tell, but he did it anyway. Sometime later, he left Calimshan yet again and traveled to Dragonspear Castle, a place where he fought arm-in-arm with his wife for the last time. He thought about staying there, building a house, but he felt the Harpers might still need his support. He couldn't simply retire, and he continued his work. Years later, he met a man, one of the Harpers, who asked for his help. Khalid agreed and left to fight his final battle: one with a powerful death tyrant that would control an evil army of beholder zombies. It was him, Khalid of Calimshan, who killed the death tyrant and... that was the last time he used his sword. He returned to one of the Harper estates, tired, but happy. He never felt like that before. It lasted for days until... he fell asleep with a smile on his face... and never woke up again. He could finally rest.

Once I'm updating this mod, I will take a look at the epilogue bug Smile

thank you Smile hopefully it's easy to find and fix. As someone who works in Python frequently, I can understand how annoying it can be to find bugs in code >_<

(I expected an email notification with this...oh well)
I found the reason already, but other updates and RL stuff sometimes get in the way of quick updates. It won't be forgotten, though.
(09-28-2022, 05:50 AM)Lava Wrote: I found the reason already, but other updates and RL stuff sometimes get in the way of quick updates. It won't be forgotten, though.

I trust you Smile