Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VulnyInstallation Error
Thank you so much for making this mod! I was super excited to adventure with Faldorn again.

However, it doesn't seem to be playing nice with Mac WeiDu Launcher– I got this installation error:

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/FaldornBG2/scripts/L#FAL.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 12 column 1-37
Near Text: )
[ChangeStat] not found in ACTION.IDS
ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/FaldornBG2/scripts/L#FAL.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/FaldornBG2/scripts/L#FAL.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [FaldornBG2/scripts/L#FAL.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.

I popped into the files but I couldn't quite figure out what the error it was detecting was. I know this is definitely not a high priority report but I'd love some help!
Hi!
(08-29-2022, 09:21 PM)Vulny Wrote: [ChangeStat] not found in ACTION.IDS
Well, this looks like this error pops up because you are installing it on a game that doesn't have "ChangeStat" action. It is only EE action, so my question is: are you using this mod on EE game, and is your game up to date? (2.6)

The mod works only on Enhanced Edition. Furthermore, some actions and triggers were added by Beamdog (for example, in patch 2.0), stuff they needed when working on SoD.
(08-30-2022, 05:25 AM)Lava Wrote: Hi!
(08-29-2022, 09:21 PM)Vulny Wrote: [ChangeStat] not found in ACTION.IDS
Well, this looks like this error pops up because you are installing it on a game that doesn't have "ChangeStat" action. It is only EE action, so my question is: are you using this mod on EE game, and is your game up to date? (2.6)

The mod works only on Enhanced Edition. Furthermore, some actions and triggers were added by Beamdog (for example, in patch 2.0), stuff they needed when working on SoD.

OMG, it looks like I had a very old mod installed from pre-EE, that overwrites the action.id file with a new version that doesn't include ChangeStat. I uninstalled that and everything works perfectly now. Thanks for the help!
You're welcome! Smile