Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FrenzgynFate Spirit Binding Bug?
Strange bug during the fatespirit summoning, after I ask the Fate Spirit to bind Will in the Pocket Plane nothing happens and he don't join. If I talk to him, the same dialogue happens again and again.

I am inclined to think it's an EET related bug, maybe I should post it on G3 forums?

Here's a screem for the exact moment
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nPGE2CF...sp=sharing
I will take a look at it, but I may need a moment Smile
Hey, easy! Take your time and then take more, I was just reporting, not asking for hotfix and stuff. Have a nice day and thanks for all the good mods!
Sure. BTW, I think you linked the wrong image? It's the one with Skie, not Will Smile I checked if it worked fine on my installation and it did and I think it's EET compatibility thing, but it may still be something in my mod. That screenshot may help so I'll wait for it Smile
Right, wrong copy-paste.

He're the conversation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EE3BnbH...sp=sharing
So, when you click that answer, the dialogue break, right? That is when Fate Spirit should say its line... Kinda weird, because I don't think Fate Spirit cre/entire dialogue got that changed... Graion Dilach do you know anything about that?
Not yet, but I'll try to reproduce this in a throwaway installation asap.
Thank you! Smile
Frenzgyn For clarification, this is a run you started in SoA or before and not in ToB, right? Just to ensure I look at the correct situations...

EDIT: One thing I already found  - the pdialog.2da entry lists L0WIL25 in the override coloumn while the actual dialog file is named L0WILL25.DLG ingame. Gotta check if that alone causes everything. Will change the pdialog entry in my tests because I don't want to break interjections. Big Grin

EDIT2: Actually, the problem is simpler than that - l0fatesp never gets summoned in EET to interject. That interjection needs to be moved into FATESP.DLG in EET.
(06-08-2022, 07:24 PM)Graion Dilach Wrote: Frenzgyn For clarification, this is a run you started in SoA or before and not in ToB, right? Just to ensure I look at the correct situations...

EDIT: One thing I already found  - the pdialog.2da entry lists L0WIL25 in the override coloumn while the actual dialog file is named L0WILL25.DLG ingame. Gotta check if that alone causes everything. Will change the pdialog entry in my tests because I don't want to break interjections. Big Grin

EDIT2: Actually, the problem is simpler than that - l0fatesp never gets summoned in EET to interject. That interjection needs to be moved into FATESP.DLG in EET.
About Fate Spirit: Hmm, but why l0fatesp isn't summoned? I think there was a reason why I changed it to work that way rather than use the original creature.

About pdialog.2da: ah, so when summoned in ToB only game the script works fine as the creature has that set already, but there is a problem if the game is continued from SoA, right?
(06-08-2022, 07:24 PM)Graion Dilach Wrote: Frenzgyn For clarification, this is a run you started in SoA or before and not in ToB, right? Just to ensure I look at the correct situations...

Nope, it was a run I started in ToB, in search for "broken" things. Will is a peculiar NPC, he got summoned by the Fate Spirit but after that he ask to be binded to the Pocket Plane before he could join the party, and that's the thing that don't work.
The lack of l0fatesp actually affects both started-from-ToB and continued-from-SoA, I just expected dialog merging on the override dialog (which doesn't happen on that level).

I'll take a look at plain BG2EE to see why the custom spirit is needed there but I don't see any reason why it should exist for EET. You spawn it in fatesp.d which isn't compiled when EET_NPC_TRANSITION takes place and FATESP lingers around until the discussion ends so it should be able to interject.

EET_NPC_TRANSITION was even nice enough that some of it's definitions reset the override script, preventing the pdialog typo to regress the game.
I think I added my version of the fate spirit, because the original one is there to start it's own conversation and I wanted to prevent that. EET_NPC_TRANSITION is kinda annoying when you want to add something of your own in there because from what I know you can't add stuff of your own: your own checks and/or actions.

The simplest way is just to spawn my fatespirit in there on EET, standing in case it was needed, it's not visible anyway and it shouldn't be much of an obstacle is it stands a bit to the side and doesn't block the passage to the gate.
(06-09-2022, 06:10 AM)Lava Wrote: EET_NPC_TRANSITION is kinda annoying when you want to add something of your own in there because from what I know you can't add stuff of your own: your own checks and/or actions.

AFAICT, as long as you don't touch/offset that one dialog state where the list comes up, you can extend the dialogue. EET_NPC_TRANSITION does a DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH underneath, so an extension which ensures that one point remains unchanged would do.
It's now fixed! Thanks Graion Dilach Smile