Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DarkZephyrVerr'Sza BG2EE problem
(07-27-2020, 12:11 PM)DarkZephyr Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 07:07 AM)Lava Wrote: And...
was Phalh with him? That would mean the romance from original campaign is continued successfully.

Enjoy!

The answer to that question is "yes".  Big Grin

I am very much, although I have just begun Throne of Bhaal and I seem to be stuck in a conversation loop with Verr'Sza where he keeps interjecting as if I have addressed him.  It keeps happening over and over and over.  I'm not sure why.  It started when I booted Imoen out of my party in the pocket plane in favor of Sarevok.
DarkZephyr - I may need more information:
1. Do I understand you correctly that it started in the Pocket Plane? Or was it, for example, Saradush?
2. Was/Is Phalh in the team? Is he alive in your game?
3. Use this console code and tell me the value that is displayed, please: C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrFriendTalkToB","GLOBAL")
4. Use this console code and tell me the value that is displayed, please: C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrFriendshipActive","GLOBAL")
5. Use this console code and tell me the value that is displayed, please: C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrRomanceTalkToB","GLOBAL")

Perhaps that will allow us to find what may be the problem. If there are also some other info that may help, let me know. Perhaps something else happened.
Cheers!
(07-29-2020, 11:40 AM)Lava Wrote: DarkZephyr - I may need more information:
1. Do I understand you correctly that it started in the Pocket Plane? Or was it, for example, Saradush?
2. Was/Is Phalh in the team? Is he alive in your game?
3. Use this console code and tell me the value that is displayed, please: C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrFriendTalkToB","GLOBAL")
4. Use this console code and tell me the value that is displayed, please: C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrFriendshipActive","GLOBAL")
5. Use this console code and tell me the value that is displayed, please: C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrRomanceTalkToB","GLOBAL")

Perhaps that will allow us to find what may be the problem. If there are also some other info that may help, let me know. Perhaps something else happened.
Cheers!

The global values are as follows:

Does not Exist

So originally it happened in the pocket plane and yes Phalh was in the group, but I abandoned that playthrough and started a new one with Throne of Bhaal, summoning Verr'Sza via the fate spirit and choosing the option that says we had a previous romance in BG1 and Shadows of Amn.  I played it for awhile and then it started happening again, this time after defeating Yaga-Shura.  It looks like the install became corrupt or something if the global for the romance doesn't even exist.
Hmm, one more thing:
C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

If it's 0 (=variable does not exist), then try:
C:SetC:GetGlobal("L#2VerrRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

I noticed that there is a possible problem with action order / variable, but I am not exactly sure that's the reason here. What else shall we try... if that thing from above does not help, you may also check these:

C:GetGlobal("L#2PlayerKnowsVerr","GLOBAL")  ==> should be 1, use C:SetGlobal("L#2PlayerKnowsVerr","GLOBAL",1) if it's not
C:GetGlobal("L#2VerrWasRomanced","GLOBAL") ==> should be 1, use C:SetGlobal("L#2VerrWasRomanced","GLOBAL",1) if it's not

BTW DarkZephyr  - I split the thread, as you used the one for BG1EE. It is a seperate one now.
I wasn't able to recreate the problem, stuttering/reappearing does not happened in my game. However I found some other minor/cosmetic stuff thus I just released v0.4.
(08-02-2020, 04:16 PM)Lava Wrote: I wasn't able to recreate the problem, stuttering/reappearing does not happened in my game. However I found some other minor/cosmetic stuff thus I just released v0.4.

OK I will DL that.  Thanks!  I will try to recreate it in my game but I will need to do a new playthrough as I abandoned those ones, nuked my whole game, reinstalled it all and am now playing with the Yoshimo romance active.   I will be posting about that in his thread, if I can find it.
(08-02-2020, 04:16 PM)Lava Wrote: I wasn't able to recreate the problem, stuttering/reappearing does not happened in my game. However I found some other minor/cosmetic stuff thus I just released v0.4.
Hi i just wanted to report that i had the same problem and all the Globals were correct
 i think iam using the same version as the previous poster. i have enjoyed the mod so far
Thanks for letting me know. Unsure just yet what to do about this issue, but thought I should let you know that I've seen your post Smile

Cheers!
np the only other trouble i found was that Jans  banter with Vera about the fur potion kept firing. 
and Phalah post slayer talk had random code in the first part
ps i really i reallly liked the willow tree ending
Thanks! Will investigate these!
Hello

I have had the same problem as this - I moved straight into ToB with a party that had completed SoA, with both Verr’Sza and Phahl in the party. The scene with the heads was fine and the fight with Ilasera, and the first section in the pocket plane. After the first time I spoke to Sarevok in the pocket plane, Verr’Sza started constantly approaching Charname and every time starts a dialogue which looks like the player-initiated dialogue. 

I tried editing the globals for L#2VerrFriendTalkToB - it stopped happening when I set that value to 1 but it happens for any other value. And there was no value for L#2VerrRomanceTalkToB set either - I have tried changing that to 1 or 2 but it doesn’t make any difference.

I tried removing Verr’Sza from the party - if I do that and click on him it reopens the same player-initiated dialogue as if he is still in the party, rather than a dialogue that lets me re-recruit him. And after a while he started approaching Charname constantly again even though he wasn’t a party member.

Really enjoying the character and the story and very keen to play ToB with him and Phahl, so grateful for any help!
And could you try setting the variable to Global("L#2VerrFriendTalkToB","GLOBAL",2) rather to 1?

Keep the romance variable 0! It should be increased later.
(03-05-2022, 08:22 PM)Lava Wrote: And could you try setting the variable to Global("L#2VerrFriendTalkToB","GLOBAL",2) rather to 1?

Keep the romance variable 0! It should be increased later.

I set the romance variable to 0 and FriendTalkToB to 2 but he is still initiating the same dialogue.

It doesn’t look like Phahl has any TOB-related globals set, in case that is helpful to know!
Hmm, use DropBox or Google Drive to upload your savegame from before you started to mess with the variables but when he already started this weird behavior. You can give the link here, or send it to me in a private message.
(03-05-2022, 08:42 PM)Lava Wrote: Hmm, use DropBox or Google Drive to upload your savegame from before you started to mess with the variables but when he already started this weird behavior. You can give the link here, or send it to me in a private message.

gam file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dpocw8jy2726k...R.gam?dl=0

sav file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gq6w0gi1vkc5hp...R.SAV?dl=0

I've also gone back to a save from before he started misbehaving to see if it starts again when I play through.

(03-05-2022, 09:01 PM)JPme2187 Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 08:42 PM)Lava Wrote: Hmm, use DropBox or Google Drive to upload your savegame from before you started to mess with the variables but when he already started this weird behavior. You can give the link here, or send it to me in a private message.

gam file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dpocw8jy2726k...R.gam?dl=0

sav file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gq6w0gi1vkc5hp...R.SAV?dl=0

I've also gone back to a save from before he started misbehaving to see if it starts again when I play through.

he started again as soon as I had finished the conversation with Sarevok.