Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LavaYoshimo Romance - basic information and download
Yoshimo Romance is a mod for BG2: SoA & ToB that makes Yoshimo, an infamous bounty hunter from original BG2 game, romanceable.
Already curious, my friend? Are you already pondering what this mod includes? What kind of ToB content? Ah, that's excellent. Your curiosity is already a kind of payback.

Mod includes 16 timered talks with Yoshimo (pre-Brynnlaw) plus those fired under certain circumstances - including talk in Brynnlaw and at the entrance of Spellhold. Those who love reading may also enjoy new dialogues for both male and female players fired by in-game events, PIDs and ToB part.

In this mod you will also find some new talks with Imoen (about Yoshimo), 3 talks with Anomen (romance conflict), 2 new cutscenes, new minor characters connected with the romance plot.

Mod also includes some items, a small and hidden in-game quest, new bam files and music tracks, as well as an area in ToB.

Romance Requirements:

Original romance condition: an elven/half-elven/human/halfling/tiefling female of charisma 13 or higher.
Optional romance condition: removes all conditions, including gender; tokens are additional romance conflicts are included in the mod

To discover post-Brynnlaw content you must have succesfully completed pre-Brynnlaw content.

DOWNLOAD LINK
Hi Lava,

It seems that v5.2 is missing in dropbox repository (there are only versions 5.0 and 5.1 there).
Deleted 5.0 and uploaded 5.2! Thanks for letting me know!
I am just an inquisitive dude this morning.  lol

If you do the optional romance condition, does he use proper pronouns?  Like, will he call my male half-orc "My Lady" for instance?
DarkZephyr - Nope! I decided to rewrite all the dialogues because I hate when such thing happens! He should use proper pronouns and all possible references to your gender should be accurate! Smile
(07-24-2020, 12:06 PM)Lava Wrote: DarkZephyr - Nope! I decided to rewrite all the dialogues because I hate when such thing happens! He should use proper pronouns and all possible references to your gender should be accurate! Smile

Fantastic! 

Its awesome that you have made him bi (optionally).  When I heard that there was a Haer'Dalis romance I was excited because I always thought that should have been a thing in the vanilla game, but that was tempered by the fact that he was made straight and I was CERTAIN that he was bi when I first played the game back in 2003 or 2004.  lol  I just get that vibe from him.  I always wanted someone to make Anomen bi too just for S&G.  lol
DarkZephyr - you're welcome! Just remember that this romance is kinda bitter and is a bit different to other in-game romances, because I never changed his fate just... made it even more complicated! Smile But I still think it's worth trying! At least I hope so! Smile
(07-24-2020, 02:19 PM)Lava Wrote: DarkZephyr - you're welcome! Just remember that this romance is kinda bitter and is a bit different to other in-game romances, because I never changed his fate just... made it even more complicated! Smile But I still think it's worth trying! At least I hope so! Smile

I understand!  Currently I have the Yoshimo friendship path installed and "Yoshimo's Remorse" so I will have to install this for another play through but I look forward to trying it!
Sure! Smile Let me know once you try it out!
(07-24-2020, 02:35 PM)DarkZephyr Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 02:19 PM)Lava Wrote: DarkZephyr - you're welcome! Just remember that this romance is kinda bitter and is a bit different to other in-game romances, because I never changed his fate just... made it even more complicated! Smile But I still think it's worth trying! At least I hope so! Smile

I understand!  Currently I have the Yoshimo friendship path installed and "Yoshimo's Remorse" so I will have to install this for another play through but I look forward to trying it!

Definitely!
(07-24-2020, 02:35 PM)DarkZephyr Wrote:

OK so I am now playing the game with the romance installed.  Such a beautiful mod.  2 things. 

1. In the cut scene with Yoshimo and Irenicus at Spellhold, he does refer to my PC as a "she". He talks about letting "her" go and such. 

2. About the smashed heart.  Does that mean I cannot take the heart to the temple of Ilmater?

Anyway, such a beautiful mod!  It really makes you feel.  When that b*tch vampiress comes and smashes his heart my blood boiled.  You could have fried an egg on my head!  LOL
DarkZephyr 

Quote:1. In the cut scene with Yoshimo and Irenicus at Spellhold, he does refer to my PC as a "she". He talks about letting "her" go and such.
That certainly must be changed! will look for those lines and make sure he can properly recognize you.

Quote:2. About the smashed heart.  Does that mean I cannot take the heart to the temple of Ilmater?
Yep, Irenicus and Bodhi realized what's going on and wanted to play on your feelings... however, that's not the end of the romance! The lack of the Ilmater plot does not mean there's no other story to fill that gap! It's also best to have Imoen in your team, but that's not a must, so don't worry if you replaced her with someone else.

Oh, and I'll edit your post to mark the spoiler. Thanks for all your feedback Smile
(08-03-2020, 01:19 PM)Lava Wrote: DarkZephyr 

Quote:1. In the cut scene with Yoshimo and Irenicus at Spellhold, he does refer to my PC as a "she". He talks about letting "her" go and such.
That certainly must be changed! will look for those lines and make sure he can properly recognize you.

Quote:2. About the smashed heart.  Does that mean I cannot take the heart to the temple of Ilmater?
Yep, Irenicus and Bodhi realized what's going on and wanted to play on your feelings... however, that's not the end of the romance! The lack of the Ilmater plot does not mean there's no other story to fill that gap! It's also best to have Imoen in your team, but that's not a must, so don't worry if you replaced her with someone else.

Oh, and I'll edit your post to mark the spoiler. Thanks for all your feedback Smile

Woops!  Sorry!  I meant to put spoiler tags on it and I forgot!
(07-24-2020, 02:05 PM)DarkZephyr Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 12:06 PM)Lava Wrote: DarkZephyr - Nope! I decided to rewrite all the dialogues because I hate when such thing happens! He should use proper pronouns and all possible references to your gender should be accurate! Smile

Fantastic! 

Its awesome that you have made him bi (optionally).  When I heard that there was a Haer'Dalis romance I was excited because I always thought that should have been a thing in the vanilla game, but that was tempered by the fact that he was made straight and I was CERTAIN that he was bi when I first played the game back in 2003 or 2004.  lol  I just get that vibe from him.  I always wanted someone to make Anomen bi too just for S&G.  lol

just putting it out there that, when I want to romance someone who is normally uninterested (like if I want to romance Adrian with an elf), I edit the "match" variable in EEkeeper Wink I'm not sure how well it works with modded romances, but I believe cdtweaks from gibberlings3 also has a component to get rid of romance requirements.

As you might imagine, neither of these options change dialogue, though.